The Godox A1 is both a flashgun and a wireless trigger for smartphones, giving full Xenon flash capability with iPhones and—later this year—Android devices.
As a master controller, the Godox A1 supports triggering and remote control of Godox’s X system of flashguns, flash heads and LED video lamps, including the Ving V860 series, Witstro AD200 and AD600 battery flashes and Quicker monolights.
You don’t have to have a smartphone to use the A1, however. It also supports wireless control using the 2.4 GHz Godox X system, with remote adjustment from a Godox X1 series transmitter.
The USB-C port is both for charging the battery and for installing future firmware updates.
Compatible with the iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Other models may work, but have not been tested. An Android app will be released yet this year.
• 8 watt flash with guide number (GN) of 8.1 at Iso-100
• Manual (M) power levels: 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16
• Auto (A) mode: −3 to +3 flash exposure compensation in 1/3-stop increments
• 2.5-second recycle time
• Flash colour temperature 6000K ± 200K
• 1 watt LED modelling lamp
• LED colour temperature 5600K ± 200K
• 2.4 GHz wireless transmission: 32 channels (1–32), 16 groups (0–9, A–F). 80-metre operating range.
• 433 MHz wireless transmission: 16 channels (1–16), 6 groups (A–F). 20-metre operating range.
• 3.8 V, 1000 mAh lithium ion battery, rated for 700 full-power flashes.
• 2.5 mm sync port (3V / 3mA)
• USB-C charging port (takes 55 minutes to charge the battery).
• OLED display and battery level indicator
• Dimensions 80×65×23mm
• Weight 110g
• Bluetooth 6 digit ascii code: 000000